GREAT DEALS ON GEAR!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Dead rolling

Found this technique totally by accident, while fishing a lake in Southern California. I was fishing with a good friend in my boat and he had gotten snagged, so I set my rod down on the deck without reeling in. It had a silver spinner bait on it, that was now just laying on the bottom of the lake. I helped my friend get UN-tangled and turned around to grab my rod and start fishing again and it was about to go over board! I quickly grabbed the rod and proceeded to reel in a nice 4lb plus large mouth out of about 30' of water. My friend and I got a chuckle about him biting a dead spinner bait. So I thought well why not try this again, so I threw the same bait out and let it sit there, in less then a minute the bait was picked up again! This time a slightly smaller bass but, it proved that they would hit a dead spinner bait. My friend then tried the same technique and he caught a nice 3lb bass within minutes also. We used this new bass fishing technique the rest of the day and caught and released well over a dozen bass before the sun went down. So if nothing else is working give this technique a try. By, Todd Inman

No comments:

Post a Comment